Lancer Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lancer Nation

Honesty Always Welcomed!

Lancer NationLancer Nation  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Driver Rear ABS sensor

Go down 
+6
Scissorshand
DK
CJ8
sk18
kevinlilwenglow
donyong
10 posters
AuthorMessage
donyong

Number of posts : 308
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT 2.0
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Driver Rear ABS sensor Empty
PostSubject: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:27 am

The ABS sensor consist of 2 systems, the speed sensor and the ABS sensor itself. Whilst this common issue occurs (ie. with the ABS and Check Engine Light warnings), the actual culprit is the speed sensors themselves.

Temporary fixed (at TOS) by replacing the right rear sensor with another lancer's sensor (car being overhauled) and to test for 1 week... i.e. to determine whether its a sensor issue or a hub issue.

Seems that the inside of the hub gets dirty/sooty/oily and interferes with the sensor.
Back to top Go down
kevinlilwenglow

Number of posts : 3
Vehicle Type : Lancer G.T
Registration date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:17 am

mine is the same as well donyong...the check engine light is on..along wifthe abs... its been 2 wks ..still havent sorted it out...sighh... any suggestions..
Back to top Go down
sk18
sk18

Number of posts : 140
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 1:54 pm

Hi guys. Are you still on the OEM brake pads ? If you have changed to different after-market pads, maybe the dust is affecting the sensors.
Back to top Go down
CJ8
CJ8

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:15 pm

it happen to me today..same issue as kevin...took my car to AH Boy's place...same faulty, so now got to wait for de sensor to reach...now got to drive with de ABS n check engine indicator appear all de time...sien!

anyway its still under warranty, so just hope tat they do keep stock 4 dis
sensor..
Back to top Go down
DK
DK

Number of posts : 128

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:32 am

CJ8 wrote:
it happen to me today..same issue as kevin...took my car to AH Boy's place...same faulty, so now got to wait for de sensor to reach...now got to drive with de ABS n check engine indicator appear all de time...sien!

anyway its still under warranty, so just hope tat they do keep stock 4 dis
sensor..

Wah CJ, your car really giving you problems for the past week... Hope all gets solved soon..
Back to top Go down
Scissorshand
Scissorshand

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 6:03 pm

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with those Trust or Tanabe mufflers coz its to close to the right rear wheel? Or is also occuring on stock LGT but i'm guessing CJ8's pipe's are stock too?
Back to top Go down
CJ8
CJ8

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 1:19 pm

mine is stock...but ah boy said quite a number of these problem occured dy

he did a few of warranty claim on this sensor liao
Back to top Go down
Scissorshand
Scissorshand

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 1:41 pm

Oic......................
Back to top Go down
donyong

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 3:04 pm

This ABS issue is actually not an ABS one per se. Its actually the speed sensor, hence the error codes C1044 and C1073 with the scantool.

The EBD system needs to have the correct speed calculations for brake force distribution. EBD, being part of the total brake system would give an ABS warning if there is something wrong. (since there is only the ABS light for problems).

On the other hand, the check engine light occurs because part of the speed sensors data does not tally with the other speed sensor data. Any difference above the tolerance levels would yield the check engine light.
Back to top Go down
Hideiyoshi

Number of posts : 5
Vehicle Type : LGT
Registration date : 2010-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Today developed this problem, in the morning, it was just the ABS warning, however after taking the car to TSS Kepong to check, then on the way, the engine came out pulak. Called Cheam, he said its normal, have to wait for parts to come, its the front left sensor. So this week drive my faithful Seaweed FD only.
Driver Rear ABS sensor IMG_0615
Driver Rear ABS sensor IMG_0616
Back to top Go down
Elan
Elan

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:12 am

sometimes cleaning the sensor may eliminate the ABS warning and CEL.
Back to top Go down
Fuza
Fuza

Number of posts : 556
Vehicle Type : LGT 2.0, white
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:09 am

its common i think... if still got warranty.. then ok... but...
Back to top Go down
zairulhaziq

Number of posts : 1
Vehicle Type : lancer gt 2008
Registration date : 2012-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Im having the problem now out of sudden..

"ABS service required" and "Check engine light" is ON,

Is it anything serious??
hopefully nothing went wrong with the engine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Driver Rear ABS sensor   Driver Rear ABS sensor Empty

Back to top Go down

Driver Rear ABS sensor
Page 1 of 1