Lancer Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lancer Nation

Honesty Always Welcomed!

Lancer NationLancer Nation  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Turbo Charging the Lancer.

Go down 
+4
jan999
Reverend
sk18
donyong
8 posters
AuthorMessage
donyong

Number of posts : 308
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT 2.0
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Turbo Charging the Lancer. Empty
PostSubject: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:19 am

There would be no issues sourcing the parts and expertise to turbo charge the lancer, save for some minor owner preferences issues.

The issue is whether the CVT transmission can withstand the torque generated and avoid the dreaded CVT lockdown (overheat).

For those diehard turbo charging fans, the CVT in the lancer is the F1CJA, more aptly known JF011E CVT which has a torque rating of 250Nm. JF011E parts are interchangeable with the F1CJA. So why F1CJA in the first place? Well, the programming is different.

Bear in mind that the torque rating is 250Nm. For those intending to turbo charge, ensure that your torque rating is 250Nm. If you insist on more, you have to get your tuner to ensure that the turbo charge is not rapid, rather, charge in a mild fashion, to prevent CVT belt slippage.

The reason why RS Impressive / Speedworks turbo project failed is because they got the torque out "too quickly". Slow and steady is the game there.

Have fun.
Back to top Go down
sk18
sk18

Number of posts : 140
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:39 pm

Good information
Back to top Go down
donyong

Number of posts : 308
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT 2.0
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:07 am

sk18,

Here is what the tuners should emulate. The same JF011E variant is also used in the US Spec Nissan Sentra.

QR25DE – 2.5-liter DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine
200 hp @ 6,600 rpm
180 lb-ft of torque @ 5,200 rpm
Compression ratio – 10.5:1
Emissions – Tier 2, Bin 5 (LEV2-LEV on CA emission vehicles)

200hp, 247Nm.

I'm sure that 275Nm is no problem for the CVT.

The trick is to make your turbo feel like a higher displacement NA car
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin
Reverend

Number of posts : 355
Vehicle Type : Lansi
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Don't turbo your Lancer la unless you can afford to buy new CVT or new car within 1 year. Sure you will whack the Lancer wan after turbo and sure the CVT will piang wan after 1 year.

Donny, even with piggyback/computer management, I'm not sure if can set a late/slow boost that more or less "protects" the CVT.
Back to top Go down
jan999
jan999

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:58 pm

it wouldnt help mah, even delayed. once u reach positive boost then power all release, it will still hurt the GB
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin
Reverend

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:51 pm

jan999 wrote:
it wouldnt help mah, even delayed. once u reach positive boost then power all release, it will still hurt the GB
Smile

Add turbo, disable MIVEC (if it is even possible) and then maybe can last longer.
Back to top Go down
jan999
jan999

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:32 pm

to take away Mivec mechanism is possible.

many evo 9 owner removed also
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin
Reverend

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 3:42 pm

jan999 wrote:
to take away Mivec mechanism is possible.

many evo 9 owner removed also
But ours is 9th Gen 4B11 Lancer. How did those evo9 owners removed MIVEC? Computer/piggyback? What computer/piggyback they used?
Back to top Go down
nofear1979
nofear1979

Number of posts : 199
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT, 2009 Model
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:25 pm

i tot mivec suppose can help while turbo charge it.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin
Reverend

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 7:52 pm

nofear1979 wrote:
When MIVEC kicks in, there is more work for the CVT. Hence more heat for the CVT. Turbo = more heat already. So I was just wondering if the CVT can have less heat in a turbo charged 4B11 if MIVEC was disabled.
Back to top Go down
nofear1979
nofear1979

Number of posts : 199
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT, 2009 Model
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:36 am

Reverend wrote:
nofear1979 wrote:
When MIVEC kicks in, there is more work for the CVT. Hence more heat for the CVT. Turbo = more heat already. So I was just wondering if the CVT can have less heat in a turbo charged 4B11 if MIVEC was disabled.

i see.. now i got it.. thank u sifu!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Elan
Elan

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 3:36 pm

mivec can be disabled with piggyback.
Back to top Go down
Fuza
Fuza

Number of posts : 556
Vehicle Type : LGT 2.0, white
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Elan wrote:
mivec can be disabled with piggyback.

??? Really ah????
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin
Reverend

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Was talking to Unichip tuner about a Lancer owner that TC his Lancer. IIRC the TC Lancer stats were something like 180HP/220Nm or something like that... I remember the torque increase didn't quite match the HP increase.

So, during our discussion, the tuner simply said the Lancer's CVT just "ain't built for power". When I told him about this Lancer owner's TC, his comment was succint : "How often he floors it? Sure you can add turbo to the Lancer but the question is how you drive. Add turbo for show = anyone can do it. But if you are smart and know about the CVT, then you will know that you cannot always floor it. If this is the case, what's the point of TC? There's no point in TC your Lancer if you are afraid to floor it for fear of your CVT giving up. Being afraid is no point la"

I repeat : There's no point in TC your Lancer if you are afraid to floor it for fear of your CVT giving up. Being afraid is no point la

I think that Lancer owner's TC'd car is still OK bcoz that owner's friend seems to say not too long ago that the Lancer owner will attend a Lancer club's TT and therefore "show a turbo Lancer".

I wonder how that Turbo Lancer owner drives. Or feels when he drives.

Just being honest here.
Back to top Go down
eromaes

Number of posts : 1
Vehicle Type : 2011 Copper Orange Lancer GTS 2.4LT Wink
Registration date : 2013-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 4:47 pm

well first im going to say hi, im new to the community. I have done a lot of research on turboing the lancer and if you have a CVT i recommend using the EVOX setup instead of the RA setup since the RA turbo is much smaller so faster spools which means more torque. If you setup an oil cooler for your CVT you wont have any problems ( at least the people that have done it say theirs runs just fine with the EVOX setup with 5 psi). Also if you do the setup using a 3 bar MAP sensor and an EVOX ROM than you automatically will disable your MIVEC but there are ways of getting it back on but thats another subject HAHA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turbo Charging the Lancer.   Turbo Charging the Lancer. Empty

Back to top Go down

Turbo Charging the Lancer.
Page 1 of 1