Lancer Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lancer Nation

Honesty Always Welcomed!

Lancer NationLancer Nation  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

engine oil cooler

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sk18
sk18

Number of posts : 140
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT
Registration date : 2009-10-26

engine oil cooler Empty
PostSubject: engine oil cooler   engine oil cooler EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Has any member(s) installed an engine oil cooler to the lancer ? If yes, is the cooler installed in front of the water radiator ? Somehow I do not like the idea of having the hot air going through the water radiator and then back to the engine compartment.
Back to top Go down
DK
DK

Number of posts : 128
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT 2.0

engine oil cooler Empty
PostSubject: Re: engine oil cooler   engine oil cooler EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 9:50 am

SK18, do you mean "Hayden Cooler" to cool over CVT oil?

I've seen them installing it in front of the water radiator...
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin
Reverend

Number of posts : 355
Vehicle Type : Lansi
Registration date : 2009-09-08

engine oil cooler Empty
PostSubject: Re: engine oil cooler   engine oil cooler EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 11:31 am

Cool engine oil or CVT oil? Never heard of cooling the engine oil before leh...
Back to top Go down
donyong

Number of posts : 308
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT 2.0
Registration date : 2008-07-18

engine oil cooler Empty
PostSubject: Re: engine oil cooler   engine oil cooler EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 1:57 pm

There are engine oil coolers for vehicles in hot countries to prevent oil breakdown due to high heat.
Back to top Go down
sk18
sk18

Number of posts : 140
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT

engine oil cooler Empty
PostSubject: Re: engine oil cooler   engine oil cooler EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:47 pm

I am refering to engine oil cooler. In fact, all such coolers (gearbox, cvt, engine oil) are basically the same. Only difference is the need for an adapter (to divert oil to cooler from the oil filter and then back again). The engine bay of the lancer is pretty hot after running around. Did not overheat though...but just like to cool it down a bit while driving. Hmmm...maybe an airscoop like the EvoX will get more air to the engine bay

(I am not too worried about the cvt oil getting hot as I had DIY a CAI to the OEM cooler. Had done some continuous running under hot weather without problem)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

engine oil cooler Empty
PostSubject: Re: engine oil cooler   engine oil cooler Empty

Back to top Go down

engine oil cooler
Page 1 of 1