Lancer Nation

Honesty Always Welcomed!

Lancer NationLancer Nation  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reverend
Admin

Number of posts : 355
Vehicle Type : Lansi
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:34 am

UCL : Liverpool is in deep shit now. What bad luck to concede in injury time this morning. I kinda feel bad and sorry for them.

As for my team... I didn't stay up to watch but from reports, looks like Arsenal simply swept aside Alkmaar comfortably. Arsenal is scoring goals for fun at the moment. Brilliant to watch and scoring a lotta goals... what more to ask from a football team?
Back to top Go down
economist

Number of posts : 26
Vehicle Type : GT
Registration date : 2009-11-04

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:55 am

arsenal got an easy grp....but if u notice..they haf been sweeping teams when they play at the emirates....when they play away still lack some steel IMHO.......anyway brace for manu to lose this weekend to chel.......
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:32 pm

Arsenal this season (all matches incl. BPL, Carling and UCL) : P18 F51 A19.

That's almost 3 goals-scored-per-game while conceding just over 1-goal-per-game. Most delightful team to watch, most entertaining, most fun-to-watch. Highlights of other teams like ManU, Liverpool and Chelsea consist, instead, of complaints about referees not being fit, too many players injured and focussing on balloons instead of matchball.

Back to top Go down
DK

Number of posts : 128
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT 2.0
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:13 pm

Low low period for my beloved LFC at the moment.. sigh...
Back to top Go down
Scissorshand

Number of posts : 255
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:42 pm

Yr LFC captain miss Xabi???
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:31 am

Aiya, why la ManU lost to Chel? Was hoping for a draw or a ManU win...

My Arsenal got another big win tho'
Back to top Go down
jan999

Number of posts : 164
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:45 am

go go the Gunners!
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:08 am

Didn't know stupid Ason interested in football... never see you post "over there" geh? Kekekeke Razz
Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Scissorshand wrote:
Yr LFC captain miss Xabi???

1st, we lost the creative midfield in Xabi.... Lucas sucks...
2nd, Our gaffer went bonkers with his decisions...

Sigh...
Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:53 pm

Reverend wrote:
Aiya, why la ManU lost to Chel? Was hoping for a draw or a ManU win...

My Arsenal got another big win tho'

I alrd told you Rev, Chelski will win over ManUre... Hehehe... Now I hope ARSE-nal do a double over ManUre this season as well.. hehehe..
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:00 pm

I hear that this morning LiverFool fooled the ref to earn a penalty for a draw with Birmingham...

Anyway... Arsenal's website has mentioned twice over the past coupla days that the current team are on course to score 100-goals this season (if the current scoring rate is maintained, of course) : http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/chasing-a-record-
Back to top Go down
economist

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 pm

ars look better but still missing 1 holding midfielder wei........
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:44 pm

economist wrote:
ars look better but still missing 1 holding midfielder wei........
There really isn't such a thing as a "holding midfielder" for Arsenal ever since Wenger became menager. Even Viera joined attacks during those days (and he was described as the "defensive/holding midfielder" back then).

IMO "holding midfielder" is a thing of the past (or maybe just for a manager like Mourinho).

I think Wenger has a playing "policy" of going all out to score when the whistle blows i.e. score and score again before the entire team holds back and be less adventurous thereafter. But Arsenal is such a young team (by comparison to the rest of the other BPL teams)... and their young players simply cannot resist going forward/attacking. Perfect example was the recent 2-2 draw against West Ham.

It's a matter of maturity (and not experience). Arsenal's players have got to mature faster.

But then... maybe Wenger gives his team a secret message i.e. "Just score la... just score more than the other team lo..."... kekeke Razz
Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:35 pm

Aiya... only 1 time done by Ngog and big hoohah all over.. Ceh!

Look at Drogba when he got that free kick which led Chelski to win over ManUre.. Which is worse?

Anyway, I hope ARSE-nal wins this years league... Wenger deserves it otherwise he'll have to wang himself.. kakaka...
Back to top Go down
economist

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:56 pm

when i meant holding its a box to box midfielder......that is wat viera was...how do u describe petit then?
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:04 pm

DK wrote:
Look at Drogba when he got that free kick which led Chelski to win over ManUre.. Which is worse?
Ca$hley Cole la that won the freekick, not Drogb-actor la.

economist wrote:
when i meant holding its a box to box midfielder......that is wat viera was...how do u describe petit then?
Petit? He was, er, petite with the ponytail lo, kekeke Razz Petit was nothing, he was neither here nor there for me, just another midfielder for me.
Back to top Go down
economist

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:11 pm

ashley cole now is out for few weeks...fractured the leg....

wtf neither here nor there.....i mean how do u classify him.....

how to attach file ah?
Back to top Go down
DK

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Oh, sorry loh.. me no watch the game.. I only know Terry scored the winning goal.. kakaka...

Saw the ManUre fans post that Drogba moaning/acting in front of the box.. that's why i got confused.. hehehe..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!   

Back to top Go down

All about the most popular game in the world... FOOTBALL!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1