Lancer Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lancer Nation

Honesty Always Welcomed!

Lancer NationLancer Nation  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?

Go down 
+3
gelygeleman
Reverend
donyong
7 posters
AuthorMessage
donyong

Number of posts : 308
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT 2.0
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?   Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:23 pm

In which condition do you think the Lancer GT performs better?

During the my recent trip up north and back, I can conclude after months of testing, that the lancer performs much better when the road is uphill.

On the downhill, I feel that the CVT may be limiting power output to the wheels, acceleration is slower.
Back to top Go down
Reverend
Admin
Reverend

Number of posts : 355
Vehicle Type : Lansi
Registration date : 2009-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?   Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:22 pm

When you go uphill, you press harder = MIVEC kicks in earlier. When you go downhill, it is likely you don't whack the accelerator as hard as going uphill = MIVEC kicks in later.

If same pedal pressure, all cars surely must go faster when going downhill. Logic ma.
Back to top Go down
gelygeleman
gelygeleman

Number of posts : 900
Vehicle Type : Mitsubishi Lancer GT
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?   Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:12 pm

logic meh..
Back to top Go down
Elan
Elan

Number of posts : 534
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?   Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:16 am

i agree with donny, it performs well at uphill.. i tried at NSHW around kuala kangsar to ipoh..
Back to top Go down
nofear1979
nofear1979

Number of posts : 199
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT, 2009 Model
Registration date : 2010-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?   Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:42 am

I tried on following uphill and downhill:-

1) Genting
- uphill - Best
- downhill - too many bumps, so not nice... HATE it

2) Lookup Point
- uphill - Best
- downhill - so so

3) Cameron highlands
- uphill - Best
- downhill - dizzy.. going to vomit...

4) On the way to Ipoh (there is a slope)
- uphill - Best

- downhill - so so only..

Overall, I feel uphill perform much better... However I have no confident to whack hard on doing downhill run..

Tried once before, last week, karak highway (test Vpower ron97), there are some slopes on the way down to KL... 1 old car (think is toyota with big exhaust) tailgate me for about 4 cars length with the speed 160km/h.. i think i can whack 170km/h++ but no confident at all.. many corners at 45 degrees...

At the end i manage to take the lead (not smoke him) before reaching the toll (a few cars block his way)
Back to top Go down
strike961

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?   Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car? EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:51 pm

uphill better.

downhill balls shrink.

Had a run with EG9 B18C GSR uphill in a recent Ulu Yam trip. Tail the guy till about 3 corners before Genting top then over took exiting corner.

Then "slow down" and kena potong balik.

Sienzzz Razz

I know this post doesn't correspond to TS's observation but i have no idea if CVT is limited in downhill - do we have inclination sensor?
Back to top Go down
gelygeleman
gelygeleman

Number of posts : 900
Vehicle Type : Mitsubishi Lancer GT
Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?   Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 3:29 am

NSHW Air Keroh-Air Hitam
uphill top end 190
downhill top end 225
Back to top Go down
donyong

Number of posts : 308
Vehicle Type : Lancer GT 2.0
Registration date : 2008-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?   Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car? EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:37 pm

If the decent is too steep, there seems to be some reduction in power to the wheels, as if this is to prevent the car to go downhill too fast. Of course, you can still reach 225kmh.
Back to top Go down
jan999
jan999

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2009-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?   Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car? EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:19 pm

if you have change all the reinfonce bars for lancer, then uphill better. downhill like shit, esp those chnage ARB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?   Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the Lancer GT an uphill car or a downhill car?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lancer Nation :: Lancer Nation Garage :: 9th Generation Lancer :: Engine/Drivetrain : Engine, Transmission and Performance-
Jump to: